What area do we cover?
The North West London Critical Care Network is a large Network by UK and international standards, covering a population of 1.8 million(1.5 million adults) and 10% of the funded critical care capacity of England.
It functions by successfully combining
- commissioning support, assurance and strategic overview
- an in-depth and very active provider development and delivery role
The Network’s fundamental philosophy is to knit neighbouring acute Trusts, units, clinicians, and their commissioners into close collaboration through shared clinical pathway development, service improvement, and networked professional development.
The Critical Care Network is a strategic alliance of 19 hospitals and 8 Clinical Commissioning Groups (formerly PCT's) and is based at NHS Ealing CCG in Greenford. The Network is established to deliver a variety of cross sector provider work streams (for economies of scale, for consistency and innovation) as well as advise on and trouble shoot critical care commissioning within the sector. The Network also works up critical care emergency planning guidance to national level.
Acute Hospitals in the Critical Care Network
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Ealing Hospital Trust
- Hillingdon Hospital (and Mount Vernon site) NHS Trust
- Imperial Healthcare NHS Trust ( 3 sites = Charing Cross Hospital, Hammersmith Hospital, St Mary’s)
- North West London Hospitals NHS Trust ( 2 sites = Central Middlesex Hospital, Northwick Park Hospital)
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust ( 2 site = RBH, Harefield )
- Royal Marsden HospitalNHS Foundation Trust (2 sites = Fulham Road and Sutton sites)
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Trust
- WestMiddlesex HospitalTrust
8 Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Central London
- Hammersmith & Fulham
- West London
Higher Education Institutions
Emergency planning networks
- North West London
- Central London
- NHS London